YMCA Camp Kern, as always, is committed to the safety and well-being of our campers, guests and staff. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the world, but rest assured, our team is working hard to update our guests, improve our processes and make the best of this situation. We will update this page as needed and if you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Summer Camp 2020 looked very different to years past, but we successfully served 650 residential campers with zero cases of COVID that we are aware of.
- We are planning for 2021 and will be opening registration on September 17th.
- We are planning for a summer with more program offerings and greater capacity than 2020, but we will not be offering all the programs of 2019. As we get closer to summer camp, and if the situation improves we will evaluate our program offerings.
- We will not be making any final decisions on cabin capacities, social distancing, mask wearing etc. until the Spring of 2021, as the situation hopefully becomes clearer.
- A full list of summer camp programs can be found here.
- You can review State Mandates here.
- You can review ACA / YUSA Guidance here.
- We are also following guidance and developments from CDC and the Warren County Health Department.
- We have thoroughly reviewed and updated our cleaning and disinfecting procedures to ensure the safety of all camp guests, across every program. This includes increased cleanings, hiring of a 3rd party cleaning company and intentional program revisions to emphasize good hygiene.
- Check out our Facebook Page for the latest.
- We will continue to monitor and make decisions on future programs and post updates here.
Non-Summer Camp Programs and Groups:
- We are now accepting reservations for trail rides and lesson students at Circle K Ranch.
- Environmental Education School Groups and all Rental Groups scheduled for 2020 have been contacted. If you have questions, please get in touch with your Camp Kern contact.
- We are still taking school and group reservations. Please contact us if you wish to hold an event with us.
- Seasonal Camps and Kids Night Out Programs for 2020 have been canceled.
- Ozone Zipline Adventures and Paint Zone Paintball are closed until further notice.
- The Arctic Dash Event has also been canceled for 2020.
Stay safe, stay healthy and we can’t wait to see you around the campfire very soon!