YMCA Camp Kern, as always, is committed to the safety and well-being of our campers, guests and staff. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the world, but rest assured, our team is monitoring all the latest guidance and recommendations and working with our partners to make sure we can provide a great camp experience, while keeping our campers, staff and their families safe. We will update this page as needed and if you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch.
- We are making plans for summer 2022 and will release specific details as we get closer to summer camp. We have learned over the last two years that life can change very quickly during a pandemic and we want to give ourselves time to make the best decisions possible for this summer.
- Summer Camp 2021 looked very different to years past, but we successfully served more than 1,200 residential campers with zero cases of COVID that we are aware of. A practical and informed process allowed us to do this and we are committed to being just as diligent in making our decisions for 2022.
- In general, some of our pandemic policies for 2022 include:
- Return of almost all our summer camp programs
- Return of Sunday through Saturday camp schedule
- Increased cabin capacities
- Increased cohorts from 1 cabin to 2-3 cabins, allowing greater choice of activities
- Return of outdoor all camp activities (big game, under siege, all camp camp fires, pool parties).
- Masks will only be worn inside buildings where multiple cohorts are sharing a space
- Check-in and Check-Out to be outside / at Cabins so families can meet cabin counselors
- Recent negative test required for all campers before arrival at camp
- A positive covid case at camp will require isolation and pick-up of camper, and testing of camper cohort
- Please note - Final decisions on all the above will be determined by the current situation at the time of camp and will be based on CDC / ACA guidance along with our own experience from the previous two summers.
- You can review ACA / YUSA Guidance here.
- We are also following guidance and developments from CDC and the Warren County Health Department.
- We have thoroughly reviewed and updated our cleaning and disinfecting procedures to ensure the safety of all camp guests, across every program. This includes increased cleanings, hiring of a 3rd party cleaning company and intentional program revisions to emphasize good hygiene.
Non-Summer Camp Programs:
- We are accepting reservations for trail rides and lesson students at Circle K Ranch.
- We are taking school and group rental reservations. Please contact us if you wish to hold an event with us. Rental groups and school groups will follow their own policies while renting a camp facility. We encourage all groups to follow CDC guidelines for their particular group.
- Ozone Zipline Adventures will open May 1st, 2022. Reservations will be available April 2022.