COVID-19 Case at Camp
We are committed to being honest and transparent with our families, and despite our best efforts and precautions to ensure a safe experience for campers, guests and staff, the truth is that, we can not 100% guarantee that COVID-19 will not affect someone at camp.
It is up to each family, group and individual to make the decision about whether to come to camp, and we are here to answer any questions you may have. In addition, we want to be honest about the steps that we will need to take if in fact there is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 at Camp.
A case of COVID-19 affecting camp could take many different forms:
- A camper, guest or staff member exhibiting symptoms while at camp.
- A camper, guest or staff member exhibiting symptoms while at camp before testing positive after leaving camp.
- Camp is notified that a camper, guest, staff member or family member has tested positive for COVID-19 and were present at camp while contagious.
- Camp is notified that a camper, guest, staff member or family member was in contact or near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Each case may be slightly unique, but below is a general guide to the steps we will take to ensure everyone is as safe and informed as possible:
- Treat any symptoms or assist with the treatment.
- Isolate, or assist with isolation of a camper, guests camper or staff member.
- Have staff members tested if necessary.
- Notify family member / guardian of any camper involved.
- Notify other camper families, guests, groups, individuals as appropriate.
- Notify the Warren County Health Department and assist with any contact tracing as required.
- Deep clean and sanitize any affected areas.
Based on the situation we may also:
- Require family members / guardians of campers, guests to pick up their child from camp immediately.
- Request EMT assistance if a case is severe enough, based on the advice of our healthcare staff.
- Shut down all or part of camp programming for a period.
We hope this plan is never required but we want our families to be prepared for all eventualities.