Are you and your students interested in new ways to experience environmental science, early Ohio life, group interaction/cooperation, values education, or being outdoors? Our team of trained educators will give you an unforgettable experience. We work closely with teachers to customize a program that best serves their students. An emphasis can be placed on current Ohio academic content standards. We are student focused and teacher friendly.
Since 1965, YMCA Camp Kern has provided meaningful outdoor learning experiences to students of the Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus areas. We serve more than 6,000 students in grades K - 9 from over100 schools each year. Groups range in size from 12 to 270.
AT YMCA CAMP KERN STUDENTS CAN:
- Explore a thriving ecosystem and its inhabitants.
- Develop team-building skills on our group challenge courses.
- Role-play leaders of a Native American tribe and negotiate a treaty with General Anthony Wayne.
- Canoe on our lake (Newton’s laws of motion in practice).
- Grow in their sense of wonder about the world around them.
- Enjoy good food and plenty of it.
- Learn about and gather 500 million year old fossils.
- Collect and examine creatures from our pond and wetlands.
- Sing around an evening campfire.
- Meet pioneers as they travel through the Old Northwest Territory looking to settle.
- Experience real world examples and applications of many of the Ohio academic content
- Explore three and a half miles of Native American Mounds built 2000 years ago.
- Be safe, be themselves, and have fun!