Summer Camp Registration
REGISTER FOR SUMMER CAMP
Select the option below which best describes your camper. If you are not sure, select 'Returning Summer Camper Registration' and you can check if you have an account with us.
Please note: As of February 2019 we switched over to a new summer camp registration system called 'CampMinder'. If you have a camper that attended Kern in Summer 2017 or 2018 you already have a 'CampInTouch' account with us. Select the 'Returning Summer Campers' button and enter your email address to get started. Further instructions for CampMinder can be found here.
Check Program & Session Availability
Use the Dates & Rates Tool linked below to check program availability, and to help find programs your camper is eligible for based on factors such as age, gender, and preferred camp dates. Enter your camper's basic information in the Dates & Rates Tool, along with your interest in Financial Assistance and any specific camp dates you might be looking for. It will also ask you to choose a program category. Additional information on each program category can be found here. Camper age eligibility is determined by their age at the start of each camp week/session.
Important Registration Information
- A $100 deposit per week is required at the time of registration along with a $2 administrative fee. Your deposit is refundable until March 1, 2024.
- If interested in applying for Financial Assistance, please indicate this on your Camper Application. Financial Assistance applicants will pay a reduced deposit of $25 per week. Learn more about Financial Assistance here.
- Full payment for camp is due by May 1, 2024. When registering you will have several payment options to choose from:
- Pay in full with application - Submit full payment for all camp dues with your application.
- Pay deposit(s) with application and sign up for monthly payment plan - Submit payment for deposit(s) with your application, then your remaining balance will be broken up into installments and your default card will be charged automatically on the first business day of each month. The final automatic payment on the payment plan will be charged May 1, 2024. The sooner you sign up, the smaller your monthly payments will be with the payment plan!
- Pay deposit(s) with application then make payments anytime through May 1st- Submit payment for deposit(s) with your application then make payment(s) anytime online in your CampInTouch account at your convenience. Full payment will be due May 1, 2024. NEW for 2024: Any unpaid balances remaining on May 1st will be automatically charged to the default card on file on May 1, 2024.
- Pay deposit(s) or in full by mailed check - Submit your registration online then mail a check to camp for your deposit(s) and/or full payment. Please note that if your deposit payment is not received within two weeks of submitting your application, your registration will be cancelled and spots will be released.
- If a family member, friend, or someone else is paying for a deposit and/or all or part of a camper's registration, the parent or guardian will still need to submit their initial Camper Application for their camper online as several components of the registration process require parent/guardian signatures. If a family member/friend/someone else would like to make payments directly to camp, please have them call the office to make payments by phone at (513)932-3756 after the camper's application is submitted.
- If spots for a program sell out, a waitlist will begin forming. Programs with a waitlist will be marked on the Camper Application and you'll see a pop-up window notifying you that there is a waitlist for the selected program/session. You can submit your Camper Application for the waitlisted program and you will not be charged a deposit for the waitlisted program/session until you are contacted by camp about an opening for your camper and you accept the open spot.
- After May 1, 2024, full payment will be due at the time of registration.
- If you are registering your camper with a friend, there will be place on your camper application to indicate preferred bunkmates/cabinmates. We make every effort to honor bunk requests, but they are not guaranteed. Please note, requested cabinmate(s) will need to be the same gender as your camper and registered for the same session and program/age group to be considered. If you have a group of friends that wish to stay together please work with other parents to coordinate cabinmate requests on your applications. Please note that cabin/lodging capacity varies across programs. Most of our lodging areas hold 8-10 campers per cabin/lodge room, but our teen program lodging areas hold fewer campers. If you have concerns regarding your camper's preferred group of friends all fitting in the same cabin/lodging, please contact our Administrative Office at (513)932-3756.
- Please check your email after submitting your application. You'll receive a confirmation email with next steps if your application was submitted successfully. If you indicated that you were paying by check, you'll receive a reminder email that your deposit(s) will be due within two weeks of your submission. If there was a problem with your card payment we'll receive your camper's application but it will be put on hold until we hear from you about how you'd like to resubmit your payment.
YMCA Camp Kern does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, income or immigrant status, in any of its programs or operations.