WE ARE BACK FOR 2021!
The Arctic Dash was born out of a desire from the Camp Kern team to bring obstacle and mud running to the area and to use Camp Kern for a fundraising event that was truly unique in its history. What better way to help send kids to camp and to show off our beautiful 485 than race through it!
The 6k (ish!) mud obstacle race is great for all abilities and encompasses most of Camp Kern's property, with 19 fun and challenging obstacles sprinkled throughout the course.
We are now in our 9th year of the event and are proud that this event has raised more than $70,000 for our Annual Campaign, which provides scholarships to allow kids, whose families otherwise may not be able to afford it, to have that magical summer camp experience.
YMCA Camp Kern is a place for families, and we encourage you to bring the family to the event. We offer a free mini mud dash for the little ones, spectator area, warm water hose-offs and showers, bag storage area, and a friendly group of staff and volunteers to help with any of your needs.
2021 DATE - SATURDAY, DEC. 4TH
Waves start at 10am and run every 15 minutes until 11.45am.
'Elite Wave' at 10am limited to 30 runners and registration is first come first serve.
'Turtle Wave' at 10.30am, for those that will need a little longer to complete the course and wish to take their time.
Registration: Opens Friday September 24th at 9am and closes Tuesday November 30th at 11pm. Walk in's on the day will be accepted by wave time, chip timing and t-shirt availability are not guaranteed.
$45 before October 18th
$55 before November 15th
$65 after November 15th
You must be 16 or older to compete in this race, and anyone under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian sign their waiver.
What's included in registration fee:
- Moisture Wicking T-shirt (if registered before Nov.15th)
- Timing chip
- Post-race alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Post-race snacks and water
- Warm water showers / rinse off area
- Bag drop area
- Access to kids mini obstacle course,
- Prizes for overall and age group winners.
Day Of Race
All the race day details can be found here, but some highlights are below:
- We recommend you show up around 45 minutes prior to your wave time, to allow time to park, check in, change clothes, study course map, warm up and get to start line.
- There will be no switching of start times on race day.
- There is no pre-race packet pick up and we are not providing actual bags, marketing materials or giveaways as we try to be more eco-friendly.
- Map is below.
- Prizes will be offered to overall fastest male and female runners.
- Trophies will be offered to age group winners ( 16-25 / 26-45 / 46-59 / 60+)
- Full Race results are listed at the bottom of this page.
As we continue to fight the pandemic and try to keep everyone safe and healthy heading into the holiday season we ask everyone to please follow these guidelines:
- If you are sick in the days leading up to the event please do not attend.
- If you or someone you were in contact with tests positive for COVID, please do not attend.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, please wear a mask when inside (during check-in etc.).
- Try and maintain appropriate distance when indoors.
- As always, be respectful of staff, runners and volunteers.
Toys For Tots
Our event is also a proud partner of 'Toys for Tots' and we encourage all runners, sponsors, volunteers and spectators to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the event, to help local kids have a magical holiday.
The Course & Obstacles
The Arctic Dash Course has evolved over the years and is now an all encompassing mud / obstacle run over approximately 6K...all of it on YMCA Camp Kern property and using all of our unique landscape and natural features. The race will contain 19 obstacles, varying from the slightly challenging to almost crazy! There will be mud. There will be rugged terrain. There will be ravines. You will have to climb. You will have to crawl. You will be challenged.
Time slots for this race begin at 10am and run every 15 minutes. There will be no switching time slots on the day of the race. Results will be listed in the following categories (Overall, Gender, Age). The race is approximately 6K long and takes anywhere from 35 minutes to 2 hours to complete. Runners must complete all obstacles to be eligible for a prize, but all obstacles can be skipped. Every runner will receive a finishers medal. All runners will be timed (as long as they register in time) using an ankle bracelet, that must be returned at the end of the race.
A big thank you to our current sponosrs for their continued support of YMCA Camp Kern and our mission:
Race Day Pictures
We rely on our wonderful volunteers to take pictures throughout the race. These are all available by clicking on the links below.
2021 pictures coming soon...
2021 results coming soon...